The Asian Apicultural Association (AAA) has been organizing conferences on Bees and Beekeeping biennially. So far 12 conferences have been organized in different Asian countries since 1993. Every conference has provided an opportunity for the people in the sector to share experiences and exchange the latest technology on various aspects of beekeeping.
Saudi Arabia is hosting the 13th AAA conference, which will be organized by the Bee Research Chair of King Saud University. The conference will be held from 24th - 26th April 2016 in Hilton Hotel, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. The theme of the conference is “Natural Resource Conservation for Sustainable development”. The conference has both scientific symposia and an overwhelming ApiExpo. During the plenary sessions of the scientific symposia, keynote speakers will deliver talks on core issues related to honey bees and beekeeping.
Moreover, there will be parallel sessions of paper presentation on different aspects of apicultural science. In the ApiExpo, various bee products, bee equipment and related industrial products will be displayed and it will be a great opportunity for all to share experiences and create market linkages. In this symposium, we expect participation of manufacturers, honey and other bee products producers and traders, researchers and beekeepers from different countries of Asia and other continents.
By attending this conference, you will have an opportunity to meet dedicated beekeepers with very fascinating beekeeping practices that cope with environmental challenges and producing high quality, expensive honey “liquid gold”.
On behalf of the organizing committee of 13th AAA conference and Bagshan Chair for Bee Research of King Saud University, it is a great pleasure and honor to invite all beekeepers, scientists, researchers, environmentalists, health practitioners, bee products processors, importers and exporters, Government institutions and NGOs to take part in this remarkable event.
Prof. Ahmad Alkhazim Al-Ghamdi
President of the 13th AAA Conference Organizing Committee
Director of Bugshan Chair for Bee research, King Saud University Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
The conference targets the participation of diverse communities, and the most important are:
· Experts in the field of apiculture, its products, medicinal and food uses.
· Experts in the field of honey bees from governmental and private organization.
· Experts in the field of honey bees around the world.
· Academicians who involved in the field of honey bees in all Saudi Arabian universities.
· Consultants in the field of honey bee research and development..
· All related ministries and government departments.
· Honey and other bee products traders, processors and exporters
• January 25, 2016: Deadline for abstracts submission.
• January 31, 2016: Notification to authors for acceptance the abstract
• January 31, 2016: Registration closed
• January 30, 2016: Deadline for visa applied for those who register
• 23rd April 2016: Exhibitors arrival and prepration
• 24th – 26th April 2016: Conference scheduled
The organizing committee expects the participation of more than five hundred members from more than thirty Asian countries, including Japan, China, South Korea, Vietnam, Indonesia, Pakistan, India, Malaysia, Australia and a number of Arabic countries.